Bulldog Student Book Club meets once a month - on the last Wednesday of the month - in the media center from 4:00 until 5:00. All students are welcome to attend. The only requirement is an interest in reading and discussing books.
The book club may also go on a few book-related outings after school such as movies, plays, author visits, etc.
A few copies of each month's books will be available for check out from the media center.
Wednesday, November 29 - November Book Club Meeting
- Discussion of The Graveyard Book (Neil Gaiman) or All the Lovely Bad Ones (Mary Downing Hahn). Students should come prepared to discuss one of these two books.
Friday, December 1 - Group Outing to see "Wonder" at a movie theater after school - this outing is in conjunction with Reading Bowl and CMS Literary Magazine
- Exact time/location TBA; hopefully at Perimeter Pointe theater and should be around 5:00 PM
- Permission forms will go home the week after Thanksgiving Break
Sunday, December 10
- 2:00 PM - Holocaust Survivor Talk at Breman Museum
(in Midtown Atlanta)
- This event is optional but is highly recommended. This is an excellent opportunity for students to hear a Holocaust survivor speak while there are still some survivors alive; I have been to several of these talks and they are always well-done and informative.
- Anyone who is interested in going will meet at the Breman Museum at 1:30 PM. We may take a tour of the Holocaust Museum at the Breman Museum before the talk begins. If that is the case, I will give out further details about it later.
Wednesday, December 13 - December Book Club Meeting & Holiday Party
- Students will discuss the book Wonder (RJ Palacio) and compare to movie
- Holiday party - cookie decorating & book swap (further details will be announced at November 29 meeting)
Wednesday, January 31 - January Book Club Meeting - Historical Fiction
- Students will be reading an historical fiction book; most likely Projekt 1065 by Alan Gratz or another Holocaust-themed novel.